Developed by three psychologists with more than four decades of experience working with adolescents, RESOLUTIONS TEEN CENTER (RTC) was especially created to help our first generations of “Digital Native” teenagers identify the true causes and conditions of their struggles, understand how (and even why) they fell susceptible to unhealthy coping mechanisms or behaviors, and then provide them individualized tools for a successful and sustainable recovery.
Appropriate for admission to RTC are teenagers aged 13 to 17, and 18 if still in high school, struggling with:
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse/Dependency
- Dual Diagnosis
- Internet, Gaming, Social Media, Healthy Device Management, and/or any other Technology-related issues
Our treatment program opportunities are fully available Monday through Saturday, with customized schedule needs easily accommodated.
Reconcile… “Reboot”… & Reconnect!
Modeled after the proven success of the Resolutions Therapeutic Services program design, each RTC client has an individualized treatment curriculum custom-created for them. Following comprehensive assessments by licensed psychological, medical, and psychiatric professionals, the Resolutions Teen Center clinical team carefully selects for each client every therapeutic modality, session, group-and even practitioner-with the goal of ensuring the optimal benefit of best alignment and treatment services.
Their program includes a rich blend of both individual sessions and groups, facilitated by fully licensed and accredited mental health, recovery, and wellness professionals. Our goal is to support our teen clients through their recovery journey of reconciling past struggles, “rebooting” them with healthy and pragmatic new skills and tools to avoid regressive behaviors, and then reconnecting them as they launch back to a positive trajectory which somewhere became lost. We encourage each to create “the art of the possible”-a belief which may have seemed impossible before they joined us.
Healthy Device Management Track
(Device / Internet / Video Gaming / Social Media / Online Platform Dependency)
Resolutions Teen Center is the only fully comprehensive intensive outpatient program in the country which offers a specialized program track specifically designed to treat Internet, video/online gaming, device, digital over-engagement, and other technologically-driven dependencies.
Created by Dr. Don Grant, (Chair of the American Psychological Association “Device Management Committee” and a globally-recognized expert in “Healthy Device Management” and the “Practice of Good Digital Citizenship”), this RTC-unique track was especially designed through evidence-based research and practicum, to help our teens break their often unhealthy attachment and dependence to devices. Reintroducing to our teens (or for some, maybe even demonstrating for the first time) the value and importance of face-to-face relationships, activities, family, non-digitally-based interests, and a healthy social community “IRL” (“In Real Life”) is a core goal.
Once “unplugged,” we provide them with individualized strategies and tools for appropriate and healthier re-engagement and sustainability post-treatment.
Those accepted for admission to this RTC specialized track are also eligible to experience curriculum from any of the other three, as determined clinically appropriate by their treatment team.
Some of the issues addressed and treated in the “Healthy Device Management” treatment track include:
- Excessive Device Attachment / Dependence / Utilization
- Problematic Internet Use
- Excessive and/or Negatively Consequential Video / Online Gaming
- Social Media “Addiction” / Dysregulation Issues
- Over-Attachment to Augmented / Virtual Reality
- Other maladaptive and/or unhealthy behaviors involving online delivered platforms /digitally-based engagement
Our individualized treatment curriculum includes a robust combination of 1:1 and group sessions, hand-selected for each client by our Clinical team to ensure the highest quality of treatment care and optimal success.
Our menu of 1:1 services includes:
- 01Family Therapy
- 02Individual Therapy
- 03Psychiatry / Medication Management
- 04Trauma / Resilience Therapy
- 05Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- 06Trauma Resiliency (TRM)
- 07Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- 08Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- 09Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- 10Individual Healthy Device Management Counseling
- 11Relapse Prevention
- 12Skills Training
- 13Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- 14Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- 15Acceptance & Commitment (ACT)
- 17Nutritional Counseling
- 18Therapeutic Coaching
- 20Mindfulness Meditation
- 22Art Therapy
- 23Music Therapy
- 24Personal Training / Recovery Fitness
- 26Intensive Case Management
- 27Academic Tutoring & Support
RTC group therapy options include:
- Boundaries / Self-Esteem
- Healthy Internet / Gaming / Online / Device Management
- Relapse Prevention
- Stress Management
- Body, Word, Breath: Creative Resiliency
- Healthy Relationships
- Seeking Safety
- CBT Skills
- ACT Skills
- Life Skills
- Gender-Specific Process
- Creative Expression
- Drama Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Family Therapy